Circle K COFFEE FOR A YEAR Sweepstakes
Circle K COFFEE FOR A YEAR Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF UNITED STATES AND BE 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Acceptance of Official Rules: By entering the Circle K Coffee for a Year Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), as an entrant you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of Circle K Stores Inc., ("Circle K") its, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, employees, agents, including without limitation, Mac’s Convenience Stores LLC ("Mac's") (both Circle K and Mac's will be referred to in the singular as "Circle K" or "Sponsor") in connection with the Sweepstakes, which decisions are deemed final.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is offered and open to persons who at all times during the Sweepstakes Period: (a) are legal residents of the United States; (b) are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees, officers, and directors of Circle K are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. Circle K will make the final determination as to whether entrants are eligible to take part in the Sweepstakes.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes between 12:00:01 a.m. EST on December 1, 2018, through 11:59 p.m. EST on January 31, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), and Circle K will keep the official clock for the Sweepstakes. Entries received after the Sweepstakes Period will not be valid.
4. ENTERING: Entrants are automatically entered into the Sweepstakes when they enter their valid mobile phone number on the Circle K LIFT (Digital Touch) Screen at the check-out register inside Circle K stores.
i. ONLINE METHOD: Access firstname.lastname@example.org during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the instructions for completion and submission of the Sweepstakes entry form below.
1. Subject line must include “Coffee for a Year Sweepstakes”
2. Email body must include
a. Full legal name
b. Phone number
c. Email address
d. Date of birth
e. Resident address
Limit ONE (1) entry per entrant per day for ONLINE METHOD. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to create an entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address, and a potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entrants are responsible for all Internet access and usage charges. All entries become the property of Circle K and may not be acknowledged or returned. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. Circle K reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entry at any time which in Circle K’s opinion does not comply with these Official Rules. Automated entries or entries generated by robots or scripts are prohibited and will result in immediate disqualification of any and all associated entrants.
6. PRIZES: GRAND PRIZE: Thirteen (13) entrant (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive a $500 gift card to be used at Circle K stores toward coffee or other items sold at Circle K. Terms and conditions of gift cards apply.
The Grand Prize Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 tax form for the actual value of the Grand Prize. Prize Winners will be solely responsible for any and all federal, state and local taxes on prizes. All costs and expenses not expressly specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winners. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution, cash redemption, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted but the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable for any reason. Grand Prize Winner must supply the Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes.
7. SELECTION OF WINNER/DRAWING: Prizes will be awarded by random drawing. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period and are estimated to be one (1) in eight (8) Thousand. The drawing for the potential Grand Prize Winner will take place on February 7, 2019. The drawing will be conducted by Circle K, and its decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects.
It will be the obligation of each entrant to confirm his/her entry within twenty-four (48) hours of the drawing to determine if he/she is the winner. After such time, a second drawing will be held to award the unclaimed prize to another winner.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Entrants in the Sweepstakes hereby: (a) release Circle K and its respective parent, officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs, or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury, and death arising out of participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, and merchandise delivery; and (b) indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Released Parties from and against any and all liability or loss and against all claims or actions identified in the foregoing Section 8(a) or relating thereto. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, wireless, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Circle K on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or via mobile device transmission or any combination thereof. No responsibility is assumed for any injury or damage to any entrant’s or any other person’s computer/mobile device related to or resulting from downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes, for any unavailability of telephone lines, connections, or cellular telephone service, or for any other technical malfunctions that may interfere with any entrant’s attempt to enter. Any attempt to deliberately damage any service or website or to undermine the legitimate operations of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of civil or criminal laws, and Circle K reserves the right to disqualify and seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law. Circle K reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes in whole or in part for any reason without prior notice. THE SWEEPSTAKES AND PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZES OR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR INFORMATION RELATING TO ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state, local, and other tax obligations arising from this Sweepstakes, including without limitation winning any prizes will be the sole responsibility of each prizewinner. Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution, cash redemption, assignment, or transfer of any prize is permitted, but Circle K reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable for any reason. Unclaimed prizes may be awarded to alternate entrants. Potential winners will be notified initially by telephone call. Once contacted, potential winners will be sent a potential winner packet via email and will be required to submit identification and to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release, and Liability Waiver within five (5) days of attempted notification or the prizes may be forfeited. Except where prohibited by law, any winner’s acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Circle K to use the prize winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation. All potential winners are subject to verification, including without limitation verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules, and completion of release forms. In addition, Circle K reserves the right to require a confidential background check upon a potential winner to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Sweepstakes will not bring Circle K into public disrepute, contempt, scandal, or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or Circle K, as determined by Circle K in its sole discretion, and that the awarding of the prize to the potential winner will not violate applicable U.S. laws or regulations. In addition, Circle K reserves the right to require the potential winner to submit the information necessary for the confidential background check and authorize the check through electronic means designated by Circle K in order to expedite the process of verifying the potential winner as eligible to receive the prize. If a potential winner fails to submit the information for the background check and authorize the check electronically where instructed to do so by Circle K, or Circle K determines in its sole discretion that the awarding of the prize may violate applicable U.S. laws or regulations; Circle K may disqualify the potential winner such as 1.) If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, 2.) if a potential winner is not verified as eligible and/or cleared via the background check, or 3.) if a potential winner is otherwise determined to be ineligible to receive a prize, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner in Circle K’s sole discretion. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of Florida. Any court of competent jurisdiction sitting within the State of Florida will be the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes and these Official Rules. In the event that the Sweepstakes is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Circle K reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Sweepstakes, or to disqualify entrants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, the Released Parties will not have any liability to any entrants who are disqualified due to such action.
10. WINNERS LIST/RULES: For Sweepstakes winner information available after February 7, 2019, or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope specifying “Winners List” or “Official Rules” to: The Circle K Coffee for a Year Sweepstakes, c/o Circle K Loyalty Team 1130 W. Warner Rd. Tempe, AZ 85284. Requests must be received by February 4, 2019.
11. SPONSOR: The Sweepstakes is presented by Circle K Stores, Inc., 1130 West Warner Road, Building B, Tempe, AZ 85284, which, at its sole discretion, may delegate any of its duties and responsibilities under these Official Rules to its printers, advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the presentation of the Sweepstakes.
©2018 Circle K Stores Inc. All Rights Reserved. CIRCLE K® is a registered trademark owned by Circle K Stores Inc.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 1/31/19. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions visit http://www.circlek.com/us/coffee-for-a-year. Void where prohibited.