CONTEST PERIOD, SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR : The “Win a Pair Contest” (the "Contest") is sponsored by Mac’s Convenience Stores Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and is administered by 612 Creative Inc. (the “Administrator”). The Contest takes place at participating Circle K establishments in Ontario. The Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on October 10, 2022 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 6, 2022 (the "Contest Period"). The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest. All entrants agree to release the Sponsor, the Administrator and each of their direct or indirect subsidiaries, affiliates, owners, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees from any and all liability for any claims arising in connection with your participation in this Contest or any prize awarded, possible injuries, losses, damages, legal claims, or legal action of any kind resulting from participation in this Contest or acceptance of a Prize (as defined below).
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Ontario, who have reached the age of majority at the time of Entry (as defined below). The following persons cannot participate in the Contest: officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and/or representatives of Sponsor, the Administrator or their respective affiliates or related companies, advertising agencies, licensees, franchisees, partners, retailers, distributors and/or any other party related to the Contest. Also, any member of the immediate family of the persons mentioned in this section and any person living with them under the same roof (whether or not a member of their immediate family) cannot participate in the Contest. The term "immediate family" means fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, children, husbands, wives or spouses of the persons mentioned in this section, regardless of where they live. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, territorial, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void outside of Ontario, Canada and where prohibited.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Contest, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
There are two (2) ways to enter into the Contest for a chance to win a Prize (defined below).
(1) IN-STORE ENTRY.
(2) NO PURCHASE ENTRY
To enter the Contest without purchase, during the Contest Period, write to the Sponsor indicating the name of the Contest, your first name and last name, date of birth, full home address (including postal code), phone number, email address, and include a 50-word minimum hand written essay telling us why you would like to win a Prize in this Contest (each a “ Submission”). Each Submission must be original and be substantially different, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Send us your Submission by mail at the following address:
Circle K Win a Pair Contest – No Purchase Entry
204-768 Columbia Street
New Westminster, BC, V3M 1B4
Upon receipt of a valid Submission by the Sponsor, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest (each a “No Purchase Entry” and collectively, the “No Purchase Entries”). Limit: one (1) No Purchase Entry per essay, during the Contest Period.
All No Purchase Entries must be post-marked and received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period and shall become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due No Purchase Entries, which will be disqualified.
The LIFT Entries and the No Purchase Entries are each an “ Entry” and collectively, the “Entries.”
Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or mobile device. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, phone numbers, devices, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s Entries and that participant may be disqualified from the Contest. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, contest entry services) will void all Entries by that entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the Authorized account holder of the device, phone number or email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" of an email address is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Otherwise, the "authorized account holder" of a device is the natural person in whose name the device has been issued and the services are billed and the “authorized account holder” of a phone number is the natural person who is assigned to a telephone number by a carrier that is responsible for assigning telephone numbers. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of administration of the Contest.
5. PRIZE: There are thirty four thousand nine hundred (34,900) prizes (each a “ Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”) available to be won during the Contest Period, each consisting of a pair of iconic socks valued at $10 each. The total average retail value of the Prizes is three hundred forty nine thousand (349,000) Canadian dollars (CAD).
Each Prize is not transferable or assignable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in kind or otherwise, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any component of a Prize for one of equal or greater value. Regardless of the situation, the Sponsor will not be required to award more prizes than what is provided for in these Official Rules or to award a prize other than in accordance with these Official Rules.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be notified immediately after completing their entry if they have won a prize. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
7. NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM CONDTIONS : Winners will be notified immediately after completing their entry if they have won a prize.
To be declared a winner, the selected entrant must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Entrants will be required to consent to receiving electronic messages, and the collection, use, storage, and disclosure of their personal information by the Sponsor for the purposes of the Contest via text message and e-mail to complete their Entry. Potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive the Prize. In addition, each potential winner may be required to sign and return to the Sponsor, within ninety-six (96) hours of the date the notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release ("Declaration") in order to claim his/her Prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by the Sponsor. If the potential winner fails to do so, he/she may be disqualified and forfeit the Prize. In the event the potential winner is a minor, he/she will be disqualified and have forfeited the Prize. In the event that the potential winner forfeits the Prize, fails to answer the skill-testing question correctly, or is disqualified for any reason, the Prize will again become part of the available Prize pool. The Sponsor makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the appearance, safety or performance of a Prize.
8 . PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, by accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to the Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, city / province of residence, picture, biographical information, statements, voice and likeness in any advertising and publicity the Sponsor and its successors, assigns and licensees may conduct relating to the Contest in any media or format, whether now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times in perpetuity, without further compensation or notice, and hereby releases the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Contest and award the Prize in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Contest or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Without limiting the limitations of liability set forth elsewhere in these Official Rules and/or the Declaration and except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of the Sponsor, the Administrator, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of them (the “ Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone, cellular networks, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, misdirected or undeliverable mail; (f) truncated, illegible, incomplete, theft, loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entry form; (g) any incomplete or inaccurate information, which may occur in the capturing and/or processing of Entries; or (h) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt, use or misuse of any Prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the contest and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees.
Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages from the Released Parties. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry, if it is possible. If the Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any Prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Prize claims.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws of the province of Ontario, Canada and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any Prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Courts located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
12. OWNERSHIP OF FORMS . The Sponsor becomes the owner of all entry forms, Submissions and Declaration received and these will under no circumstances be returned to their sender.
13. WAIVER OF PRIZE . If a selected entrant is deemed ineligible, does not accept a Prize, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question, does not accept or fails to complete and return the Declaration or if the Prize is returned because the recipient is not found, the selected entrant will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize. The Sponsor may then, at his sole discretion, randomly select another potential winner.
14. SEVERABILITY OF SECTIONS . If any section of these Official Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or void by a court of competent jurisdiction, then that section shall be deemed void, but all other sections not affected shall be applied to the extent permitted by law.
MAC’S CONVENIENCE STORES INC. 305 Milner Ave, Suite 400, 4th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M1B 3V4.