Technician, HVAC/RefrigerationLOCATION: Houston, TX
JOB TYPE: Full Time
OPENING DATE: 2017/12/06
CLOSING DATE: 2017/12/31
JOB TITLE: Technician, HVAC/Refrigeration
COMPANY: Circle K Stores Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Texas BU- Facilities
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
REPORTS TO: Field Facilities Supervisor
LOCATION: Houston, Tx.
NOTICE NUMBER: RT-CRI125
OPENING DATE: 12/5/17
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Responsible for the installation, service, maintenance, and repair of commercial air conditioning and refrigeration equipment through regular and timely service calls to Circle K convenience store locations.
· Maintains working climate by installing, repairing, and servicing Refrigeration, and air conditioning systems.
· Keeps equipment, systems, and building ready for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; restoring repairing faulty or inoperative Refrigeration & HVAC systems and associated equipment.
· Ability to diagnose electrical problems both inside and outside of equipment
· Working knowledge of how to replace any parts of the seal system of a Refrigeration or HVAC unit.
· Ability to weld and solder copper and steel tubing.
· Complies with local, state, and federal codes and standards by directing and monitoring the work of vendors, contractors, inspecting Refrigeration & HVAC systems, and equipment.
· Implements changes, expansions and additions to Refrigeration & HVAC systems by identifying problems; keeping abreast of new developments; using statistics and equipment history reports.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
· Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Maintains Refrigeration & HVAC maintenance parts and equipment inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed parts and equipment; placing and expediting orders for parts and equipment; verifying receipt of parts and equipment.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Performs general maintenance and preventative maintenance on building and other C-store equipment at assigned stores. Examples of job duties include, but not limited to, dumpster repairs, light carpentry, floor repairs, restroom repairs, pothole patching, hanging signage, trash removal, door repairs, locks, decaling, lighting, etc.
· Maintains work schedule for assigned area of responsibility.
· Completes special projects as requested by management.
· Participates in field visits and meetings as requested by management.
· Promptly and effectively communicates with both internal and external customers.
· High school diploma
· Requires 1- 2 years' experience, light commercial Refrigeration & HVAC
· Must be EPA Certified in refrigerant recovery
· Must have the manual dexterity to operate equipment, work in confined spaces, ability to use hand/electric cart, ability to use power and hand tools, requires crouching and/or crawling, and ability to use a ladder.
· Must be able to lift up to 80 lbs.
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple changing priorities and ability to work independently.
· Must have a valid driver's license and must be insurable as a driver. Requires driving a company vehicle to different store locations throughout the division, which include, but are not limited to, the geographic area(s) listed above.
THE ABOVE DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY THOSE ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF THIS POSITION.
SEND RESUME WITH JOB POSTING NOTICE NUMBER TO:
Field Facilities Supervisor
Circle K Stores Inc.,- Texas BU- Thomas.Crist@CSTBrands.com