Sr. Director, Financial Accounting and ControlsLOCATION: Tempe, AZ
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Shared Services
OPENING DATE: 2018/01/23
CLOSING DATE: 2018/12/31
JOB TITLE Sr. Director, Financial Accounting and Controls
COMPANY: Circle K Stores Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Shared Services
REPORTD TO: SVP, Global Shared Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Tempe, AZ
NOTICE NO: DFA-SHI119
OPENING DATE: 1/19/18
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
The Sr. Director of Financial Accounting and Controls is responsible for the providing leadership and oversight of the financial accounting teams across the various US based Shared Services teams supporting 12 Business Units. Key areas of responsibility include strategic leadership over financial reporting, general ledger and closing activities, treasury, payroll, transactional taxes, and compliance related activities.
1. Oversees all financial accounting and reporting including cash management and external audit activities; meets regularly with teams to keep informed and to provide direction.
2. Responsible for timely and accurate completion of reporting, while continuously looking for ways to drive efficiency and accuracy.
3. Sets accounting policies to ensure correctness, appropriateness and compliance with ACT accounting policies and IFRS.
4. Leads projects and provide strategic insight to streamline and improve processes to drive value across the organization.
5. Establishes and manages the development, documentation, and implementation of internal controls, policies, procedures, and job aids to support and improve the daily operations to support the company’s continued growth.
6. Responsible for compliance with all internal controls including management of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 internal control documentation and audit testing (by internal and external auditors).
7. Guides internal actions by developing and enforcing policies and procedures.
8. Fosters and maintains key relationships throughout the organization in order to facilitate teamwork across departments.
· Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required with 7 or more years of work experience in the financial management of a publicly held company or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience. Experience in public accounting and CPA required. SEC reporting knowledge preferred.
· Highly energized thought leader with extensive leadership experience and expertise driving personal development and succession required.
· Knowledge of accounting and economic principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
· Ability to work in fast paced environment with flexibility to adapt and adjust priorities while maintaining clear vision for the organization.
· Knowledge of principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution including strategic planning, project leadership, allocation of resources and leadership techniques.
· Experience with ERP and financial system implementation a plus.
· Ability to receive, comprehend and communicate complex information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner to all levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to understand, evaluate and resolve problems or make decisions using logical or mathematical reasoning.
· Ability to travel 20% of time and lead teams across multiple offices.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are examples of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities in order to perform the essential task and duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use his/her hands in order to handle or grasp items of varying weight. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with both hands and arms.
Work Environment: The work environment described below is an example of those an employee will experience while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks and functions of their job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at a normal range.
The lighting will include natural light from the outside as well as fluorescent lighting throughout the work areas.
In some cases, the work environment may be a home office.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS REFLECT THE GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS / DUTIES AND /OR RESPONSIBILITIES NECESSARY TO IDENTIFY THE JOB AND ARE NOT NECESSARILY INTENDED TO SET FORTH ALL OF THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, SEND RESUME TO: