Human Resources SpecialistLOCATION: Tempe, AZ
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
OPENING DATE: 2017/12/15
CLOSING DATE: 2017/12/31
JOB TITLE Human Resources Specialist
COMPANY: Circle K Stores Inc.
DEPARTMENT: North American HR
REPORTD TO: Director, HR Shared Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Tempe, AZ
NOTICE NO: HRS-SHI1215
OPENING DATE: December 14, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Perform professional level Human Resources functions and support to the Shared Services HR team...
Bachelor degree in Human Resources strongly preferred and 1-2 years’ experience working in a Human Resource department with a concentration in legal and or analytical functions. Proven proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with PeopleSoft or Workday a plus. Must have excellent verbal and written skills. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, changing priorities; have ability to work independently in high priority, confidential, demanding business environment. May require some travel.
· Assists HR team with projects, summarize information, render opinions and make recommendations on needed actions.
· Assist with resolving employee concerns by investigating complaints and concerns; evaluating and
offering possible courses of action; providing advice, guidance and direction.
· Assist with job postings, screening candidates by conducting interviews, scheduling pre-placement
examinations and on-boarding new employees
· Research and make recommendations to management regarding new legislation and emerging laws that affect Workers Compensation and Human Resource practices.
· Maintains human resource records by documenting incidents and resolutions of problems.
· Assist the Human Resources Director in maintaining compliance on employment and workers compensation matters by adhering to governmental laws and regulations;
· Assist in responding to employment related civil actions, federal agency changes by conducting investigations and maintaining, collecting, or compiling documentation.
· Develop and maintain confidential files using electronic files, spreadsheets, and various database systems.
· Interact with and support other members of HR team with administrative needs as requested and/or required.
· Other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all the duties, responsibilities, functions and qualifications required of the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties and will be evaluated, in part, on performance of the tasks listed in this job description. As with all positions, the responsibilities and duties of this position may change with or without notice. The Company reserves the right to revise this Job Description at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract for employment and either the incumbent or the Company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without consent or advance notice to employees.
Send your resume to: