Human Resources ManagerLOCATION: Charleston, SC
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
OPENING DATE: 2018/01/29
CLOSING DATE: 2018/12/31
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Manager
COMPANY: Circle K Stores, Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Coastal Carolina Division – Human Resources
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: HR Director
LOCATION: Myrtle Beach or Charleston, SC
NOTICE NO: HRM-122
OPENING DATE: 01/22/2018
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Performs professional level human resources work and carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas – employee relations, training, employment, and personnel research. The Human Resources Manager supports the company goals by focusing on personal and department accountability, customer service and work efficiency.
· Maintains relationships by developing an understanding of the strategies, business operations; attending client meetings; assisting in preparation of presentations; answering questions; explaining policies and procedures.
· Increases employee’s effectiveness by communicating job expectations. Coaches, counsels and disciplines employees; communicates values, strategies and objectives. Plan, monitor and appraise job results; foster a climate conducive for offering information and opinions; provides educational opportunities.
· Maximizes diversity by identifying issues; coaching clients during hiring process; and providing training and guidance.
· Responds to employment related civil actions, federal agency charges and employee complaints by conducting investigations, maintaining documentation and partnering with legal counsel.
· Resolves manager and employee dissatisfaction by investigating complaints and concerns; evaluating and offering possible courses of action; providing advice, guidance and direction.
· Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Ensures compliance with requirements, policies and regulations by enforcing adherence to corporate systems, policies and governmental laws and regulations; advising management on needed actions.
· Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying and reviewing existing and new laws; auditing and enforcing adherence to requirements; rendering opinions; advising management on needed actions.
· Represents the organization by obtaining, clarifying and verifying documentation of situations; meeting with government representatives which includes attending hearings and/or mediation; studying and resolving complaints; recommending remedies.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
· Five to seven years of experience or more preferred working in a human resources department.
· Must be computer literate in MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
· Must be self-motivated to accomplish all assigned duties in a set timeframe.
· Must possess strong analytical and leadership skills, the ability to manage multiple activities with a strong emphasis to detail.
SEND THE FORM RESUME TO:
Circle K Stores, Inc.
1101 Situs Court,
Raleigh, NC 27606