General Service WorkerLOCATION: Central Florida
JOB TYPE: Full Time
OPENING DATE: 2017/03/13
CLOSING DATE: 2017/03/24
JOB TITLE: General Service Worker
COMPANY: Circle K Stores Inc.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Territory Service Manager
LOCATION: Central Florida (Lakeland to Kissimmee)
NOTICE NUMBER: GSW-HADD0317
OPENING DATE: 03/13/17
CLOSING DATE: 03/24/17
The General Service Worker supports all store operations and business departments by performing preventative and general maintenance activities necessary to extend the life of store equipment and minimize downtime of facilities in a safe and cost effective manner. The General Service Worker supports all store operations and business departments by performing image and facilities work necessary to provide a high image standard for the Circle K brand. The General Service Worker supports the company goals by focusing on general maintenance, preventative maintenance, personal accountability, customer service, and work efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs general maintenance and preventative maintenance on Building and other C-store equipment at assigned stores. Examples of job duties include, but not limited to, dumpster repairs, light carpentry, floor repairs, restroom repairs, pothole patching, hanging signage, trash removal, door repairs, locks, decaling, lighting, etc.
- Performs any general maintenance activities as requested by Facilities Director as well as items reported to the Maintenance Coordinators.
- Performs pressure washing, painting, and other related work on all store assets to maintain a high image standard for Circle K.
- Maintains work schedule for assigned area of responsibility.
- Completes special projects as requested by management.
- Travel and stays overnight as needed to perform maintenance work.
- Participates in field visits and meetings as requested by management.
- Promptly and effectively communicates with both internal and external customers.
- Follows the company and department policies and procedures.
- Completes other duties as assigned by management that supports the continued success of the assigned area.
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Possess strong working knowledge of HVAC, Refrigeration, and C-store equipment, Certification not required.
- Possess strong working knowledge of general construction and building maintenance.
- Possess strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload without direct supervision on a daily basis.
- Team player with a professional demeanor.
- Ability to operate a truck or similar vehicle.
- Ability to climb ladders for access to equipment and facilities.
- Ability to lift heavy objects or equipment.
- Ability to operate various tools and construction equipment.
- Ability to travel long distances for extended periods of time including overnight stays.
- Ability to communicate, verbal or written, to associates, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to work under stressful situations.
Job duties may change with or without notice.
YOU CAN SEND YOUR RESUME TO:
Territory Service Manager