Director of FuelsLOCATION: Denver, CO
JOB TYPE: Full Time
OPENING DATE: 2017/06/27
CLOSING DATE: 2017/07/07
JOB TITLE: Director of Fuels
COMPANY: Circle K Stores Inc.
DEPARTMENT: Rocky Mountain Business Unit-Fuel Department
REPORTS TO: Division VP
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
NOTICE NUMBER: RM-17-0526
OPENING DATE: 06-26-2017
CLOSING DATE: 07-07-2017
DIRECTOR OF FUELS
Fuel product leadership position providing internal and external guidance for product, market and supply levels. Liaison for all fuel-related activities including branded and unbranded supply relationships and contracts. Develops and administers fuel plans, product strategies, competitors and product tests. Negotiates and administers contracts and oversees all fuel related performance. Directs and aligns staff with Division objectives and manages staff’s performance.
• Responsibility to establish and achieve fuel margin plan targets including creating models to project and grow customer base; develop strategies to maximize fuel margin. Meets profit targets by analyzing and evaluating market conditions, margins, sales volumes and competitive activity.
• Oversees retail pricing strategies and execution to insure consistency and compliance of pricing at site/product level. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
• Develops and manages all fuel strategies (site, market, product, brand and division) including supply and carrier relationships and Circle K fuel and major brand marketing programs.
• Hires, develops and trains fuel team.
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with suppliers, carriers and terminal/pipelines to achieve best in class contracts.
• Negotiates fuel contracts with vendors and communicates contract information as required.
• Coordinates fuels objectives with other department initiatives to optimize store performance.
• Maintains and controls Fuels Department budget by analyzing marketing projections and historical data; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and initiating corrective actions.
• Recommends capital improvements to maximize fuel contribution to store’s profitability.
• Develops and implements initiatives related to payment systems including fleet card sales and administration.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, accounting or related field preferred.
• Five (5) years petroleum industry experience required including management responsibility.
• Strong managerial and leadership competencies required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products with knowledge to develop and use other software tools.
• Limited travel requiring occasional overnight stays.
• Training period is 1-2 years and must be re-locatable within North America.
NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees.
Send resume and internal job application to: