Claims Admin CoordinatorLOCATION: Tempe, AZ
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
OPENING DATE: 2017/05/25
CLOSING DATE: 2017/06/02
JOB TITLE: Claims Admin Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Shared Services – Risk Management
FLSA STATUS: Non - Exempt (Hourly)
REPORTS TO: Claims Supervisor
LOCATION: Tempe, AZ
NOTICE NUMBER: BP0524
OPENING DATE: 05/25/17
CLOSING DATE: 06/02/17
This position reviews and processes all incoming claims that are derived by internal and/or external sources. It directs the flow of written and oral communication between internal and external customers by maintaining sensitive and confidential information.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Reviews, enters, and processes all incoming Workers’ Compensation (WC) and General Liability (GL) claims by entering them into the RMIS system. This entails entering new claims, ensuring the appropriate claims are called into the TPA and attaching documents.
· Administers Company auto claims by obtaining pertinent information on responsible parties and provides information to insurance carriers. Gathers information for adjusters, ensures the automobile is repaired and proper reimbursement is obtained.
· Receives, screens and routes incoming phone calls, incoming mail/emails and faxes from customers, employees, vendors, etc ensuring they are distributed appropriately and scanned into the claim file.
· Compiles attorney files including the inputting of necessary information into RMIS system, sending acknowledgement letters, Medicare letters and routing them to appropriate adjuster. Documents the completed Medicare forms in the claims file.
· Tracks video requests from outside agencies requesting copies of our videos, views and copies video when it arrives and sends video to the requesting agency.
· Posts checks to the appropriate claim file in the RMIS system, scans and attaches it to the claim and gives it to the appropriate adjuster.
· Serves as liaison between internal and external departments, employees and other companies.
· Maintains accurate records of all invoices by inputting them into the RMIS system, attaching them to the appropriate claim, and sending them to accounts payable for payment.
· Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent plus 3+ years working in a fast-paced corporate setting or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
· Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures including typing (40-45 wpm), filing, records management, data entry and customer service.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system & Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook – intermediate level.
· Ability to read and listen, understand and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to process information including gathering, assessing, coding, organizing, auditing, and verifying data.
· Ability to sit for long periods of time.
· Ability to operate a computer keyboard for data entry.
· Ability to communicate, verbal or written, to associates, vendors, and customers.
· Ability to read a computer screen accurately for data entry.
· Ability to use a fax machine and copier.
· Ability to hear and speak for support service via phone.
· Ability to work under stressful situations.
PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR SUPERVISOR OF YOUR INTENTION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AND OBTAIN WRITTEN APPROVAL.
Send your resume to: