Category ManagerLOCATION: Denver, CO
JOB TYPE: Full Time
OPENING DATE: 2017/04/18
CLOSING DATE: 2017/05/02
JOB TITLE: Category Manager TBD
DEPARTMENT: Marketing Department – Rocky Mountain Business Unit
LOCATION: Denver, CO.
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing
NOTICE NO.: SW-17-04172
OPENING DATE: 04/18/17
CLOSING DATE: 05/02/17
Oversees the development of the categories and related marketing programs to increase sales and gross profit of the assigned categories. Accomplishes this by planning marketing strategies, selecting suppliers, evaluating new products, evaluating new equipment, promotions and distribution opportunities, negotiating contracts, project management, and utilizing established Category Management processes. Supports Operations Team with Marketing execution and concerns.
A minimum of 5 years of experience in merchandising and/or related field required, and/or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Must be well organized and possess ability to handle multiple responsibilities under constant deadlines with a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy. Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills. Must be willing to travel.
· In conjunction with other departments, determines annual unit and gross profit growth of assigned categories utilizing established Category Management Processes to develop annual market plans and coordinate implementation with the field; analyzes trends and results.
· Selects/maintains vendors, negotiates costs and terms for products and develops schematics by applying category management principles in accordance with the business unit's strategic objectives.
· Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
· Increases sales revenues by developing promotional concepts and overlay programs; develops category plans.
· Defrays cost of equipment, advertising and promotional programs by negotiating allowances and partnering with manufacturers.
· Serves market segments and specific product needs by responding to consumer requests and trends for market or product specific materials.
· Maintains external vendor relations by providing direction, guidance and information; resolving concerns.
· Determines changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
· Works with field management to grow the category through effective programs that enhance brand image.
· Projects and measures category sales and gross profit results by developing and maintaining records of item cost, retail and gross profit & margin dollars.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing business networks.
NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees. Specific categories may change/differ due to business needs.
PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR SUPERVISOR OF YOUR INTENT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AND OBTAIN THEIR WRITTEN APPROVAL.
Please send your resume and internal job application to: