JOB TITLE: Market Manager
LOCATION: Shreveport, LA
REPORTS TO: Retail Operations Director
NOTICE NUMBER: MM-GC053
OPENING DATE: 05/30/12
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of retail management experience.
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, good communication skills, be self-directed, self-motivated and customer service oriented.
- Experience to perform the essential duties and responsibilities and working in the conditions described below.
- Ability to supervise and train Store Managers (SM) in use of store equipment, tools and materials.
- Ability to supervise and manage the functions listed in the Store Manager job descriptions.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- A current valid driver’s license is required to operate a company vehicle.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English.
- Maximizes store sales by directing and assisting Store Manager with merchandising programs, providing information and recapping promotional activities.
- Manages controllable costs including merchandise/cash variations, salaries, overtime, cash, repair and maintenance.
- Achieves financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Ensures vendors meet expectations by evaluation performance and developing partnerships.
- Ensures compliance with requirements by enforcing adherence to policies and procedures, and governmental regulations; advises management of needed actions.
- Provides leadership and direction to store managers, including assistance in recruiting, selection, and orientation processes, assists with employee development and training programs.
- Maintains a safe and secure working environment through the enforcement of safety practices, providing information and training.
- Implements non-discriminatory related management skills while hiring, training, counseling, motivating and separating employees.
- Performs multiple tasks in fast paced and detail oriented environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
- Develops, manages and assigns tasks to Store Managers appropriately to ensure the site is clean, adequately stocked, organized and well kept based on Company standards.
- Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees.
Send resume with notice number to:
3645 Southern Ave.
Shreveport, LA 71104
(318) 861-1765 (Fax)